Hello, if you are thinking of visiting Lamahatta destinations, don’t worry we got your back. Here in this article we will give you all the details and ideas about how to, when to and the routes and destinations and all the required details for you to visit here.
Lamahatta is situated at an elevation of around 5,700 feet and a ways off of 23 km from Darjeeling slope town (requires minimal north of an hour via vehicle). Despite the fact that it’s simply a little town where cultivating and dairy cattle raising are the principal wellsprings of occupation, Lamahatta is very much associated by the Darjeeling-Kalimpong public parkway.
Step by Step Instructions to Reach (Lamahatta Destinations)
- The distance to Lamahatta from Darjeeling is 23 kilometers. The best option is to take a taxi, which will take at most an hour to arrive. The distance, assuming you are traveling from Kalimpong, is 41 kilometers (around 2 hrs).
- The street distance from Siliguri to Lamahatta is about 72 kilometers, and it will take you there in about 3.5 hours. You should approach Ghoom and then take the Lamahatta street. The easiest option is to hail a cab from NJP station. However, take a regular jeep up to Jorebungalow, then another from there up to Lamahatta.
- Around 69KM may be traveled by car from NJP/Siliguri Rly Station to Teesta through NH31 Street Lopchu and Peshok TE Street before arriving in Lamahatta.
- From Siliguri to Lamahatta and Jorebungalow near the Ghoom Rail way Station. The travel distance is roughly 72 kilometers.
- 23 km away from Darjeeling
- 41 miles away from Kalimpong
Languages Spoken :
Nepali, Hindi, English
Places To Visit in Lamahatta/Lamahatta Destinations :
1) Lamahatta park (Mamta Park)
While the homestays, shops and beaneries have been developed on one side of the road, on the other side of the road a vast stretch of beautiful manicured theater has been created along the pitch of the hill and under the thick pine timber. This is the Roadside Garden and also known as Lamahatta Park.
Each person must pay Rs. 15/- to enter. Tickets are available at the small ticket counter across the street. You can also ask the young lady at the counter to show you homestays if you wish.
The garden is located in a park and features paths that wind through the landscape. There are gazebos made of wooden bamboo, as well as benches situated along the way. The colors around the garden are meant to evoke feelings of peace and tranquility, while also providing opportunity for meditation.
You will find a row of colorful prayer flags flying in one side of the garden. Local residents believe that the wind passing through the flags cleanses the surroundings and minds of those nearby. There is also a wooden treehouse located near Lamahatta which offers stunning views around the area.
Although the garden offers several excellent vantage points, it is clear from your perspective that you have a much better view from one specific spot. In fact, you can see various peaks and landscapes in Darjeeling district from multiple different vantage points – some of which are even superior to views available at other places in the region.
2) Jor Pokhori
The short nature trail that leads to a small lake on a hill top is considered sacred by the villagers. However, note that it’s best to go with someone who knows the area because the path through the forest can be difficult to follow and can take about 45 minutes one-way.
3) Lovers Meet View Point
Viewing Triveni from Peshok Road, 10 km away, gives a beautiful view of the confluence of River Teesta and Rangeet.
4) You Can Visit Nearby Beautiful Tea Gardens
If you’re interested in exploring some local tea gardens, several of which are located near Lamahatta, take a look at Rongli Rangliot Tea Estate, Glenburn Tea Estate, Takdah Tea Estate, and others.
5) You Can go for trekking in jungle
There are so many dense and amazing forest aea where you can go for trekking.
Food And Specialities of Lamahatta Destinations
Darjeeling Tea, Thukpa, Momos, Tongba ,faley , Taipo, and many more local dishes
Lodgings and Hotels
Host families in the stay will provide guests with a variety of amenities, such as western bathrooms, room views, electricity access, and both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food options.
Best Time To Visit
There is beauty to be found at Lamahatta year-round, as each season offers its own captivating charm for visitors. March through May and then again in October through December are the best times to take a tour of this eco-village. The weather will remain warm and pleasant throughout these months, with clear skies providing an unobstructed view of the Himalayan peaks and surrounding hills. Avoid visiting during monsoon season due to frequent landslides that can occur on the hill areas.